If anything is unclear or you have any further questions about how we use your information please get in touch.
At Eco Living Ideas (‘us’, ‘we’ or ‘our’) your privacy and protecting your personal information is really important to us. We are committed to protecting your personal information when you are using our website and purchasing our products.
Whenever you provide us with personal information when buying our products or using our website, we are legally obliged to use your information in line with all laws concerning the protection of personal information, including the Data Protection Act 1998.
We collect and use different information depending on whether you are using our website, purchasing a product or signing up to our mailing list.
This policy explains how we will use the information, if anything isn’t clear please get in touch and we will be happy to answer any questions you have.
We don’t give third parties permission to use your information unless you have agreed to do so.
Types of information we may collect about you:
If you are aged 16 or under, you must get your parent/guardian’s permission before you provide us with your personal information. Unless you have this consent, you are not allowed to give us your information.
Here is some more specific detail about the information we may collect:
Information you give to us;
Any information you share with us when completing forms, ordering products, entering competitions, signing up to our newsletter or communicating with us, we may keep to provide our services. This can include information such as your name, e-mail address, postal address, telephone or mobile number.
The payment details you share with PayPal to purchase your products are not visible to us. These are purely processed by PayPal and we can only see that you have paid and process refunds through PayPal. Please ensure you are comfortable sharing your payment details with PayPal before making your order.
Information about your use of our website;
- Session Cookies – we use Session Cookies to operate our Service
- Preference Cookies – we use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings
- Security Cookies – we use Security Cookies for security purposes
We might use these cookies to see which areas of the website you have looked at or ‘engaged’ with. This helps us to make improvements to our products and services.
If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence whether that be via email or online chat.
How we look after your information:
Your information will be processed by the Eco Living Ideas team where it is necessary to fulfil an order, process payment details or provide you with other support services. We are very strict with ensuring that your data is safe and secure. We will not share your details with anyone else.
Please bear in mind that that information you provide on the internet generally is not completely secure, therefore we can’t 100% guarantee this for our website. Therefore, sharing your details with us is done so at your own risk and we can’t accept responsibility if your data is not secure.
How we use your information:
We will only use your information to provide you with products and services which you have agreed to. If you change your mind and do not want to receive communications from us please inform us and we will put measures in place to do this. Alternatively, you can request for us to remove all of your information from our system.
We will use your information for a number of purposes including the following:
- To meet/fulfil your product orders, provide you with services or communication with you as you wish
- We may use your email address to send you;
- Marketing messages, special offers, information and updates. You can opt out of our emails at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and state you would like to unsubscribe. This may take three weeks to complete but we will do it as quickly as possible.
- To let you know about new products or services
- To inform you about your order, delivery and account
- To send you market research surveys to find ways to improve our products, communications or services and find out more about you. You do not have to take part in these they are optional.
- To manage competitions and contact the winner(s)
- To tell you about changes to our services
- We may use your IP address to
- Identify your location,
- To block disruptive use
- To show you relevant advertising on third party websites such as social media platforms
All payments made via www.ecolivingideas.co.uk are managed by PayPal or Stripe. We do not handle and are not able to see your payment details.
Eco Living Ideas do not store or collect your payment card details. That information is provided directly to PayPal or Stripe who use it to process your payment to us.
Sharing your information with others:
It is rare that we will share your details with others, however if we do it will be due to the following circumstances:
- To process orders, provide a service you have requested or improve our services
- If we are asked to by government bodies or law enforcement agencies
- If you post or send offensive or inappropriate communications on our website or directly to us or about us, we may use your information to stop this. This could include informing the police about the content or behaviour.
Your rights and further information:
We understand that the privacy of your information is extremely important. You have the right to access your information or change the information we hold at any time.
- Your right to access – the ways we use your data are outlined in this document. By law under the Data Protection Act 2018 you can request a copy of all the information and data we hold of yours and request amendments to be made. To ensure your data remains secure we will request two forms of ID prior to sharing the information, we can charge £10 for this process to be completed. Please email us at email@example.com if you wish to do this.
- Your right for your information to be deleted – We are happy to delete all of the data we hold on you should you wish to do this please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org However, this will mean we can no longer send you information and will be unable to process future orders unless further details are provided.
- You have the right to data portability – we can email you your personal data, for which you have previously given consent, and you have the right to use that information as you wish. We can’t guarantee the security of our email, however we will password protect your information for additional security.
We may update this policy as our products and services change over time. Whenever we do update them we will change the date on the policy document so you know when it has been changed.
Last updated: July 2020